Volunteer Centre Royston and District provides a service to volunteer involving organisations recruiting volunteers in the Royston District (including the nearby villages in North Herts and South Cambs). This includes public, voluntary and community sector organisations and local sports clubs
Register with us today and we can start helping your organisation recruit and manage volunteers. You can download registration forms here and can post or email it back today
Please do contact us to talk about your volunteer needs as we are happy to help. .
- We will help you by advertising your volunteering opportunities, both on the national do-it web site, and locally. (We will contact you on a regular basis to check the details of any opportunities that we are promoting for you.)
- You can get information and advice about best practice in recruiting and managing volunteers.
- We can help you develop your local volunteering opportunities.
- You can attend our regular Volunteer Manager Forums with speakers, workshops and networking opportunities.
- You will receive our new regular e-bulletin, written with volunteer managers in mind.
Our Volunteer Management Sign Up Schemes:
Volunteer involving organisations will be encouraged to self assess their current policies, practices and procedures with an easy to use checklist which consists of a series of simple statements about basic volunteer management. Organisations can decide whether they fully meet the criteria, meet them partly, or not meet them at.
We can offer 1-1 support and direction to assist you get the procedures and policies in place to fully support your volunteers.
Once everything is complete we will present you with a certificate a logo to use and your name will appear on a dedicated website page.
Royston Volunteer Managers’ Forum
The Forums are held twice a year. These informal lunchtime meetings provide an excellent opportunity to meet other Volunteer Co-ordinators, share ideas and raise any issues.
Watch this space for details of our next Forum
For Organisations we provide:
- · FREE advertising of voluntary opportunities on our local database and on www.do-it.org.uk
- · Information and training on volunteer management 6 point promise ( Hertfordshire Organisations) and Five Star Focus (Cambridgeshire organisations)
- · Volunteer Manager’s Forums
- · e-bulletins
- · Reference materials on Volunteer Management
- · Occasional volunteer recruitment events e.g. Volunteer Speed matching
- · Volunteers week and make a Difference Day Events
Volunteer Management Training
Delivered in partnership with our Volunteer Centre colleagues in Hertfordshire our one day course (9.30am to 4.00pm) explores the challenges of recruiting, retaining and managing volunteers, making it ideal for staff and volunteers who have this responsibility as part, or all, of their role.
The day will include:-
1. Planning for volunteer involvement
2. Recruitment and induction
3. Support and safety
4. Volunteer training and personal development
5. Involving, rewarding and recognising volunteers
6. Valuing Volunteer Management 6 Point Promise
If you have not already achieved the 6 Point Promise this is an ideal opportunity to get started. Funders seek evidence of quality service; the 6 Point Promise acknowledges your commitment to excellence.
|Wednesday 22nd March 2017 9.30am – 4.00pm
at Gracemead House, Woods Ave, Hatfield, AL10 8HX