Royston & District Volunteer Centre is based in Royston Town Hall annex, in the Town Centre. We cover the town of Royston in Hertfordshire and the surrounding SG8 villages in North Hertfordshire as well as the South Cambridgeshire SG8 postcode villages served by South Cambridgeshire District Council.
We work with local volunteer involving organisations , large or small with advice, support and training on:
- Recruiting and Managing Volunteers
- Developing and Promoting volunteering opportunities
- Volunteering Good practice, policies and procedures, In line with our 6 point promise sign up to excellence in Volunteer Management. We also are also involved in the strategic development and marketing of volunteering on a local, countywide, regional and national basis, and, with our partners, actively campaign and lobby government on issues affecting volunteering
We provide information, advice and support to individuals wanting to volunteer and aim to match your skills, interests and motivations to the best volunteering opportunity for you.
We will be happy to make an appointment for you to discuss your volunteering options or needs for volunteers.
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded the White Rose Volunteer Centre Quality Accreditation which endorses “Excellence as Standard” This rigorous assessment looks for professionalism, a clear vision and a strategy to fulfil it, along with comprehensive evidence that our services are being delivered to the highest standard.across the following criteria:
- Demonstrate that Volunteer centre personnel work to appropriate codes of practice and procedures
- Demonstrate that Volunteer centre personnel are competent in their specific work roles and are supported in their professional development
- Demonstrate that your centre accesses and contributes to relevant networks
- GOOD PRACTICE
- Demonstrate that learning needs are assessed, met and evaluated for management of volunteering and volunteers.
- Demonstrate that Individual CPD is recorded appropriately
- Demonstrate that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to sustain and augment good practice in volunteering and promoted to volunteer involving organisations in your area.
- Demonstrate that your organisation is perceived as the “go to” place for volunteering?
- Demonstrate that your organisation is effectively and efficiently developing, delivering and managing the brokerage service
- DEVELOPING AND MARKETING VOLUNTEERING
- Demonstrate that your centre has a cohesive and effective marketing plan
- Demonstrate that your last marketing plan was evaluated and “lessons learned”
- Demonstrate that your centre, website and materials are accessible to volunteers or potential volunteers and volunteering opportunity providers
- VISION AND STRATEGY
- Demonstrate that your centre has a clear vision and a strategy to fulfil it.
- Demonstrate that your centre has robust relationships with volunteering stakeholders in your local community.
- Demonstrate that your centre responds to political and funding agenda for the benefit of volunteering
- PROACTIVE RESPONSE TO POLICY
- Demonstrate that your centre understands policy issues impacting on volunteering and takes appropriate action